Newer Post Older Post

It's Time To Link Up Your Quarter Two 2016 Finish-Along Finishes!

Finish A Long 2016


We're now at the end of the second quarter of the 2016FAL (and hence halfway through the year) and it's time to link up your finishes.

As you know, the 2016 FAL is now global and a community of bloggers across the world are jointly hosting the FAL. Our hosts are:












Before we get down to the linking business, let's say a big thank you to our fantastic sponsors:
For the 2016 FAL, we also will feature a tutorial week. Here is the schedule so you can visit them all:

The 2016 Q2 link for your finishes is now open below on my blog and on each of the hosting blogs and you only need to link on one blog for your finish to appear on each blog.  The link-up "rules" are as follows:
  • Add one link for each Q2 finish. If you want to link a round up post of all your finishes, use that link to enter one of your finishes and then link the rest of your finishes separately. Please, only one link per finish, as your link is an entry into the randomly drawn prize draws.
  • Please use the 2016 FAL button or the hashtag #2016FAL
  • Please ensure that the photo or blog post you link up contains a link or reference back to your original Q2 list so that we can verify your entry.
  • Please become part of the FAL community. Please check out the links of others and comment. We all need encouragement so let's applaud each other. The 2016 FAL Facebook page is here and follow us on Instagram @finishalong and tag your photos #2016FAL.
  • Our hosts will also link their finishes to share in the community, but they are not eligible for any of the prizes.

The Q2 Finishes link will stay open from now until 8th July at 4am (BST) and speaking from experience, it's best to link up your finishes early.  If you have a last minute finish, add it later in the week so you don't miss out, but linking up early gives you time to concentrate on a last-minute finish, as well as giving you time to sort out any problems with the linking up process.  (If that happens, email me or one of the other hosts and we will do our best to sort it out with you.)  The prizes will be awarded as soon as we can verify all the entries and do the drawings, and we will post the winners on each host blog.

Once you have linked up your finishes (I currently have four (I think) and if I knit furiously for the next nine days then I may have five), start making your Q3 FAL lists as the Q3 list link opens on 8th July at 6am (BST).  Don't forget that you can rollover unfinished projects from Q2 (and Q1.  And Q4, 3, 2 and 1 from 2015FAL if you're anything like me. *hangs head in shame*)


The Natural History museum were 'collecting' eye photos for their upcoming 'colour and vision' exhibition, and I decided that it would be nice for Archie's eye to be included.  He wasn't so convinced (do you have any idea how hard it is to take a close-up photo of a dog's eye when that dog hates being stared at by someone in close proximity?).  This was his answer to my attempts:
b_27475182340_o
Will you please stop trying to take a photo of my eye, it's creepy! Or at least give me a biscuit for each attempt.

I did manage it eventually, though:

b_27142806103_o

Now, link up your finishes!!




Comments

  1. Such Soulfulness Archie. Life IS tragic isn't it.
    Brighten up buddy! Polo's Mum is coming over next month!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments, thank you for yours!!

P.S. I've had to activate comment moderation for older posts so if your comment doesn't appear, it's probably in my inbox awaiting my attention!
P.P.S. If you have a 'no reply' account (no blogger id/a wordpress blog/you aren't sure), please feel free to leave me a separate comment with just your email address in it (myemailaddress(at)wherever.co.uk to save any bots grabbing it), I shall add that to my address book so I can reply via email and then delete that comment. No worries if not, I shall reply within the comments!