Can you believe that it's already the end of Q1 of the 2016 FAL?! I don't know about you, but I don't know where the last three months have gone; I'd love to be able to say that they've gone in a flurry of sewing, but that's not true (although the first month had more sewing in it than the other two combined!). It's more like they've gone in a fug of exhaustion, accompanied by a very stiff and achy shoulder! I have managed a few (mainly small) finishes, though, so I'll be linking up those with the rest of you.
As we announced back in January, the 2016 FAL is now global and a community of bloggers across the world are jointly hosting the FAL. Our hosts are:
It's time to link up the projects on your 2016 Q1 FAL list that you did finish, but first things first, let's say a huge thank you to our fantastic sponsors:
- April 1 - Leanne - She Can Quilt - Improv Herring Bone Table Runner
- April 2 - Cindy - Fluffy Sheep Quilting - Napkins
- April 3 - Nicky - Mrs. Sew and Sow - Quilt As You Go Technique
- April 4 - Jennie - Clover & Violet - Mobile Phone/ID Case
- April 5 - Rhonda - Rhonda's Ramblings - Enhancement to Pillowcases
- April 6 - Stacey - SLO Studio - Canada - Fabric Printing
The 2016 Q1 link for your finishes is now open below on my blog, and on each of the hosts' blogs. You only need to link on one blog for your finish to appear on each blog. The link-up "rules" are as follows:
- Add one link for each Q1 finish. If you want to link a round-up post of all your finishes, use that link to enter one of your finishes and then link the rest of your finishes separately. Only one link per finish, please, as your link is an entry into the randomly-drawn prize draws.
- Please use the 2016 FAL button or the hashtag #2016FAL (you can find the button on any of the hosts' blogs)
- Please ensure that the photo or blog post you link up contains a link or reference back to your original Q1 list so that we can verify your entry.
- Please become part of the FAL community and visit the links of others and comment. We all need encouragement so let's applaud each other. The 2016 FAL Facebook page is here and follow us on Instagram @finishlong and tag your photos #2106FAL.
- Our hosts will also link their finishes to share in the community, but they are not eligible for any of the prizes.
The Q1 Finishes link will stay open from now until 4am on the 8th April (BST and IST) - link up your finishes early and if you have a last minute one, add that one later so you don't miss out. The prizes will be awarded as soon as we can verify all the entries and do the draw, and we will post the winners on each host blog. You can also start making your Q2 FAL lists as the Q2 list link opens on 8th April (at 6am BST/IST).
I've blogged all but one of my finishes for this quarter so I just have one more short post to write (it's a very small finish!) and then I'll have all my finishes linked up. I like to call the posts I'm going to link up 'FAL Finish: the name of the project' because they're then easy for me to find in my list of posts when it's time to link up. They're not very interesting blog post titles, but they do their job!
Here's a little mosaic of the five finishes I've blogged about so far, with the project as it was at the start of the quarter on the top row, and the finish directly underneath:
|1. Iced Hat III, 2. Large Lola pouch plans, 3. Lola pouch for me, 4. Two Lola pouches for Mam, 5. Two iced hats, 6. Iced Hat III, 7. Knitting pouch, 8. Black/turquoise pouch, 9. Two Lola pouches for Mam, 10. Brim extension|
And here's the links to the blog posts about them: blue hat, blue Lola pouch, black and turquoise Lola pouch, grey and yellow Lola pouches (there's a theme here!), heather hat alteration.
Archie has kept a very close eye on me this quarter, and continues to do so:
|You're going out, aren't you? Have you finished all your FAL homework? Finished all those projects on your list? No? Well get back up there and get cracking! *huffs* Going out my foot!|
Right, it's time for you to link up!